Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Out of Changsha

I've spent the past 5 days in the rural area. I didn't have internet, but actually there wasn't much to write each thay. The spring Festival is somewhat similar to christmas at home. Everybody goes home, everyone is visiting family, having family dinners. For me as a foreigner (and a stranger, moreover not speaking chinese) these days passed really slowly and sometimes boring.
Altogether the famiy was really nice and welcoming, I cannot say anything bad abot them, it is just that the situation was not appropriate for me..let's say >_>

What is more, I caught cold and I was really ill for a few days, which means through all the time spent in the rural area, which made things even more difficult. We slept at hotels and spent the day at the house of the relatives. At the hotels we usually turned on the AC. Previously we slept in 7-12°C and now suddenly 23-28°C it made the situation even worse. The biggest mistake Ive made was not refusing family launch and dinner... I was definitely not feeling well, but I went out 2-3 times a day with the family because I didn't want to be impolite and didn't refuse the invitation. Although it would have been better to stay at the hotel and rest.
Other than my illness...
The countryside here is totally different from what I've seen at home. When we were going to the hometown we wree going on a road for many-many kilometers, and there were only houses one by one next to theroad. No other streets, just a canal with 2 roads on the two sides bordered by houses. The houses looked almost all the same. 2 floors high block shaped white buildings covered with tiles.

 I've seen a lot of weird vehicles on the streets... a lot of three-wheeled cars and bicycles.

Btw.. During Spring Festival children get red envelopes with money from the family- fyi °-°

No comments:

Post a Comment